The letters of our thoughts are the ideas present in our mind before they come to realization . . . Thoughts that are, yet not felt . . . The words of the subconscious . . . of the soul . . .

These are the LETTERS OF MY THOUGHTS.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Picture of the Week 17


This picture was taken in Venice by the entrance of the Ghetto three summers ago, during one of the many brief summer showers.


As well I am adding a link to a short story that caught my interest some time back, and have since reread.
The Necklace . . . tell me what you think of it.


A Good Shabbos


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

chanie said...

We did that story in 7th and 8th and 9th grades...don't ask why so much. I was always of the opinion that she should have told her friend, and that little bit of dishonesty is what ruined her.

Mottel said...

I think the problem started before that -had she been happy with her life -which wasn't all too bad- she wouldn't have had the problem of choosing between truth and falsehood.

chanie said...

True. Aizehu ashir? Hasameach b'chelko. Did you ever read 'The Dinner Party'? I think if she had been more like the woman in that story, it might have ended a lot differently. (Oh, sheesh, I'm encouraging a yiddishe neshama to read shtus.)