The letters of our thoughts are the ideas present in our mind before they come to realization . . . Thoughts that are, yet not felt . . . The words of the subconscious . . . of the soul . . .

These are the LETTERS OF MY THOUGHTS.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

On Weather, Heraldry and Other Things


Taken in Kazimierz Dolny, Poland Fall 5766

It seems that no sooner did we bentch Geshem and end Simchas Torah then the Fall begin . . . Friday evening, in the magical time between sunset and the rising of the stars, the air took on the crisp chill of the Autumn.

Despite the heat of hakafos still clinging to my body, I opted for a sweater when I returned from my house for Ma'ariv.

There's something special about the weather of Fall that elicits a sentimental feeling in me . . .
Perhaps it's because my birthday (4 Cheshvan - October 30) falls out during this time of year; but whatever it is, the air itself seems to yearn for the wistful pleasures of days gone by.

Time heals all wounds, and now I can honestly say that I look back to my previous years spent in Poland and Montreal, and despite the trials and tribulations of the past . . . I yearn.

May this year be a year of blessings for us all.


Interesting Links:

Jewish Heraldry
: I've always loved Heraldry -so an article on the Jewish use of it to be more fascinating, check it out!

Guravitzer has started his own Blog

Rabbi Joseph I. Eisenbach, from Litchfield County (Where I was this past summer) has run into some trouble building the new Synagogue -here.

My friend Daniel Eleff just reached the 1,000,000 hit mark on his amazing deals blog -Dan's Deals



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments: