The letters of our thoughts are the ideas present in our mind before they come to realization . . . Thoughts that are, yet not felt . . . The words of the subconscious . . . of the soul . . .

These are the LETTERS OF MY THOUGHTS.

Monday, May 22, 2006

On Education -or the Lack Thereof



A friend of mine once told me that he wanted to to be a teacher . . .
What he said surprised me, though a truly chassidishe, he never seemed to express a major interest in dealing with children . . .
I asked him why.
His reason? He didn't feel cut out for shlichus.

I try to stay away from old rehashed ideas . . . the blogosphere is bloated with them -why should my words mirror those of others . . .
But my time in Vilna as teacher has made me think.

Teaching is never an easy job . . . yet its need is essential. A teacher who messes up may have caused damage to an innumerable number generations that will spring forth from his student . . .
People who don't feel an interest in there jobs should look elsewhere . . . how much those who must deal with precious diamonds.
. . .
Out of the loop of action, my source for fresh material is cut off . . . and writing against the clock of an Internet Cafe does not help.
Perhaps someone in the comments would care to bring up something new.
I should add by the way, that I really do enjoy Roman Vishniac's photography.

2 comments:

Sef said...

try not to call me so early in the morning.
did you check out the website?

Mottel said...

We'll see . . .
It didn't load.