The letters of our thoughts are the ideas present in our mind before they come to realization . . . Thoughts that are, yet not felt . . . The words of the subconscious . . . of the soul . . .

These are the LETTERS OF MY THOUGHTS.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Tornado, Black Friday, Black Hats


Dancing by the Gala Banquet of the Kinus

I wanted to write a post about Twitter.
I wanted to write a post on the International Gather of Chabad Emissaries.
I wanted to write a post about life . . .

It looks like all three will converge in one late night post.

I'm too tired to write, too tired to think . . . Sleep beckons, but I heed not to her siren call, for as I sit on my couch in Brooklyn, Tweets - messages from across the globe - bleed like tears at a rate faster then my mind can even begin to comprehend . . . In a matter of seconds a search #Mumbai #Nariman or even #Chabad inundate me -10, 15, 35, 44, 55 and 67 new updates.

And I wonder what the Hell went wrong . . . where somewhere between the dancing on Pier 94 and the Hell of Mujahideen something bent over and broke.
Where our prayers weren't good enough, and our desirous passions too thick that we turned this . . .


(Photo Credit -Taken form the Chabad House Window this Summer)

To this . . .

IMG_5359
(Photo credit: Vinu)


and this . . .




and they still come . . . the messages come in painfully fast, and painfully slow -all is lost
and all is saved, all is known and all has yet to be understood.

So I pray for Gavriel Noach ben Freida Bluma and Rivka bas Yehudis, and I pray for those elsewhere in Mumbai, and the World, and for Myself . . . because my friends -when push comes to shove . . .

G-d have mercy on us all.

And I just want to go to sleep, but the pulse of the World's heartbeat as it bleeds out deep red drops continues in the form #Tags and Social Media updates . . . So I Add to the chain, I pass on the beat of the Soul Reaper by adding my thoughts @Mottel . . . @Lubavitch . . .

And I can't help but wonder, am I part of this revolution? Of instant and constant information that spirals in on itself like a dog chasing its tale until it has swallowed itself whole . . .
And is it something great or is it something horrible.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 comments:

Leora said...

Shabbat Shalom, Mottel, and I hope the current situation turns to a more a peaceful one, soon.

My prayers to the Chabad rabbi and his wife and to all the families of Mumbai.