- Tortilla Chips
- Cherry Tomatoes
- S. Barbara Hot Salsa
- Sabra Spicy Roasted Peppers in Oil°
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Freshly Crushed Pepper (from my father's pepper grinder)
- Diced Cilantro
Food For Thoughts:
- Nachos originated in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico, just over the border from Eagle Pass, Texas, at a restaurant called the Victory Club, owned by Rodolfo De Los Santos.One day in 1943, the wives of ten to twelve U.S. soldiers stationed at Fort Duncan in nearby Eagle Pass were in Piedras Negras on a shopping trip, and arrived at the restaurant after it had closed for the day. The maître d', Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya, invented a new dish for them with what little he had available in the kitchen . . .
- Cherry tomatoes are generally considered to be similar but not identical to the wild precursor of the domestic tomato. They are often more sour than standard tomatoes. The most popular varieties today were developed in the Rehovot Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- Care should be taken in the preparation and storage of salsa, since many raw-served varieties can act as a growth medium for potentially dangerous bacteria, especially when unrefrigerated.
- Although first mass-produced in Los Angeles in the late 1940s, tortilla chips are considered to be a Mexican food.
Food for Future Posts:
A few ideas for blog posts to be featured in the near future.
1. Flowers and Films: The Degradation of Crown Heights
2. Analyzing Lubavitchers' Attitudes on Ba'alie Teshuvah
3. and of course many more Riddles and Photos!
°I rarely see these peppers and don't know what they are called. They're longer green chili peppers preserved in oil. Yumms
Technorati Tags: Nachops, Food, Cooking, Facts, Wikipedia, Blogging