The letters of our thoughts are the ideas present in our mind before they come to realization . . . Thoughts that are, yet not felt . . . The words of the subconscious . . . of the soul . . .

These are the LETTERS OF MY THOUGHTS.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Picture of the Week 56

Reflections of the past, present and future.







As I sit here all alone, on the step of a stairway, reaching for connection, but unable to reach it. If it is Wireless, can it really be Fidelity? Touching yet not touching. Here, but then gone.

Feeling lazy. Want to write my thoughts, but when the quill of my mind goes to the paper of the keyboard, with the ink of my soul . . . I find it empty. Nothing worth reporting. Grandiose thoughts and ideas, storming within . . . but dissipating when released. So I put up a few pictures instead. I write a few cryptic words, just to make others think that I know what I'm saying. Know what I'm doing. Why not? If you have nothing, then repackage it as art . . . and you'll be called a genius.

If I put tefillin on a Jew . . . He cries. If I put tefillin on myself . . .

No one comes. and no one's here. So I sit on the step, the spirals above, and look down at the screen -reflecting the light of the sun.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

9 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

"the quill of my mind goes to the paper of the keyboard, with the ink of my soul"

That's really beautiful imagery, Mottel. Lovely pictures, too. My boss stopped by as I was looking at them and said they were really great photos!

Anonymous said...

"If I put tefillin on a Jew . . . He cries. If I put tefillin on myself . . . "

I like.

Mottel said...

Thanks both of you.

-Chaviva: Where do you work?

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

I work at a university in the economics department, but the professor I work for is tenured and instead of focusing his research on economics, he focuses on 20th century art and the trends therein :) So he has an artistic eye.

I'm only working there one more week, though! Then off to Connecticut for graduate school.

Cheerio said...

the photos are beautiful, and unusual.
i loved the line that chaviva quoted,
and another (which might otherwise go overlooked): "no one comes, and no one's here."
yeah.

Anonymous said...

bs"d
Hmm, that was a "different" me!!! I have a stolen identity... Oh well, my own fault for not having an acount. I do agree with the above "me"'s post tho...

Anonymous said...

Hey motel. Thanks for trying to put something solid. I wish I could write about nothing as well as you do. Where do those sentences come from? Keep ,on doing your great work in Petesburg.

anonymous admirer

Mottel said...

Thanks for the complements again -see what I said about repackaging nothing?
-ME: You always use BS"D -so I can see a fake a mile away.
-Anon: I'm glad to see you're stopping by again -though I thought you were here derech hislabshus :-)
They come from my mind when I don't get any coffee and have to sit all alone in a big shul . . .

Anonymous said...

BS"D
I'm glad to hear that you were able to spot a "fake".
Really though, the line about a Yid putting on T'fillin and crying etc., really made a difference to me. I got a lot out of that line, made me do a real Cheshbon Nefesh, so I owe you a major thank you for that.